Social Media Release Example
*This is a social media release for a university course. This is not an official release from Birmingham Fashion Week.*
The Magic City is preparing for its most fashionable week of the year with internationally-renowned designers like Tibi and Kendra Scott coming to town. Birmingham Fashion Week kicks off on August 25 with runway shows held at the Boutwell Auditorium.
This year’s schedule has runway shows each night August 25-29 and promises couture fashion collections seen in New York. Local boutiques, make-up artists and hairstylists are all participating. A panel of both local and national celebrities will be judging competitions.
Birmingham Fashion Week was founded on the ideals of bringing unity to our community through fashion. Known as the most stylish week of the year, BFW gathers fashionistas of all ages to celebrate and support the future of Southern fashion. It hosts prominent labels and internationally renowned designers, as well as local boutiques. BFW has been recognized by local, regional, and national press for bringing in acclaimed designers like Tibi, Show Me Your MuMu, Rebecca Taylor and more. With over 500 volunteers working behind the scenes, our runway showcases the incredible work of emerging make-up artists, hair stylists, photographers and models. BFW has now become a hub for Southern fashion, encouraging locals and visitors alike to visit and explore the creative talents in Birmingham, Alabama.
“To create an atmosphere that not only positively influences the local economy, but advances the persona of the Southern fashion industry while setting the stage for future generations.”
- Birmingham Fashion Week begins on August 25 and will hold runway shows each night until the finale on August 29.
- The events will take place in the Boutwell Auditorium in Birmingham, Alabama at 5 p.m. each night.
- Professional brands such as Rails, Charles Ellis, Alice & Trixie and Heidi Elnora will present their fall collections.
- Tickets will be sold online, with week-long packages and single night tickets available starting at $25.
- “Every year has been amazing, and as the events grow, we try to make everything bigger and better. We’ve been able to add some great new features and surprises this year, and the talent that we have this is far more recognizable.” – Heidi Elnora, Designer and Co-Founder of BFW
- “When we started this event, we did it because there was so much talent in Birmingham that flew under the radar. BFW provides a platform for local creatives that go unnoticed. Artists are given an opportunity to showcase their talents here.” – Jeana Lee Thompson, Co-Founder of BFW
Video: Auburn Family
Krista Conlin Robinson, Publicist and President of KC Projects PR: krista@KCProjects.net
Brailyn Hardy, PR & Brand Coordinator: brailyn@KCProjects.net